About Champions of Wales
Through Champions of Wales, we’ll work with young people to:
- Participate in workshops to build skills, confidence and understanding around gender equality.
- Explore how and where they can champion girls’ rights locally, using digital mapping tools.
- Amplify their ability to create change and influence local decision making via small grants, to pilot projects that champion gender equality in their communities.
To find out more about the programme, email ChampionsofWales@plan-uk.org
Our local partners in the Champions of Wales programme are:
- Bridgend County Borough Council: the Active Young People department is working with youth workers and researchers in Bridgend to deliver Champions of Wales through a local comprehensive school.
- International Full Circle are delivering Champions of Wales across Caerphilly, Merthyr and other nearby areas.
- Pobl Group: Champions of Wales is being delivered to the Go Girls and Brothers, projects run in partnership by Pobl Group and Bron Afon Community Housing.
- Safer Wales will be delivering Champions of Wales to young women engaged in their youth services.
- YMCA Cardiff will be delivering Champions of Wales to young people through their youth clubs and programmes across Cardiff.