Being Responsible and Trustworthy
We’re accountable to the children and communities we work with, and to the sponsors and donors who make that work possible. It’s very important to us that our finances are clear and honest, so we use internal and external auditors to monitor our finances and day-to-day management.
Money raised through Plan International UK and the other 20 national organisations is allocated by Plan International’s programmes in 50 developing countries. This structure allows us to invest as much money in development projects as possible, while keeping costs low and reducing the risk of duplication.
We’re also one of the few global organisations to publish combined worldwide financial statements detailing our fundraising and spending.
Plan International UK adheres to international standards and quality assurance mechanisms:
- We are a signatory of the INGO Commitment to Accountability Charter.
- We comply with the standards of the International Committee on Fundraising Organisations (ICFO).
- We are a member of the UK Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) and our fundraising activities strictly adhere to their guidelines.
- We adhere to SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Humanitarian Accountability Partnership standards.
- We are an affiliate member of the Institute of Risk Management and are bound by the IRM’s Code of Conduct.
- We are a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
- We are a member of People in Aid, and use their Code of Good Practice to enhance our accountability and transparency through quality management.
Plan International UK is a registered charity in the United Kingdom, number 276035 and is constituted as a company limited by guarantee, registered number 1364201.