Six ways our period emoji could improve your life
1. You won’t have to use odd emoji combinations to try and explain you’ve got your period…
2. Or rely on strange euphemisms that nobody understands (riding the crimson wave, anyone?)
3. The Japanese flag can go back to being – the Japanese flag
4. There’ll be an emoji for those moments when you find yourself at school or work without supplies...
5. And to show shop assistants on holiday, when you don’t speak the language and your period arrives early
6. And everyone who gets their period will have a global language to talk about it, whenever they want to – we think that's a real reason to celebrate!
Latest stories for you
Now more than ever, we must protect every girl’s right to a safe future.
The pandemic could force more girls out of education and into early marriage.
Your donations are giving children the essentials they need to face the coronavirus crisis.
We are celebrating those risking their lives in humanitarian service around the world.