Six ways our period emoji could improve your life
1. You won’t have to use odd emoji combinations to try and explain you’ve got your period…
2. Or rely on strange euphemisms that nobody understands (riding the crimson wave, anyone?)
3. The Japanese flag can go back to being – the Japanese flag
4. There’ll be an emoji for those moments when you find yourself at school or work without supplies...
5. And to show shop assistants on holiday, when you don’t speak the language and your period arrives early
6. And everyone who gets their period will have a global language to talk about it, whenever they want to – we think that's a real reason to celebrate!
Latest stories for you
The inequality and discrimination girls already face is being amplified by climate change.
Six months after the cyclone hit, your support is helping girls get back into education.
Alia fled Syria with her family. Now she’s helping give children the chance of a childhood.
Take our quiz and discover the amazing impact you're having around the world.