5 reasons the Chelsea football club partnership is a game changer
We are thrilled to announce that Plan International is the new Global Charity Partner of Chelsea Football Club. Chelsea is one of the most popular and successful football clubs in the world, competing in the most-watched competitions globally.
Here are the top 5 reasons why we’re excited about the new partnership:
1. The partnership, launched ahead of the club’s first Champions League fixture of the season, will see Chelsea supporting our work in Africa, Asia and South America, raising funds and awareness for our work.
2. Together, we will develop a football-themed programme, Champions of Change, to engage young people in Colombia with an ambition to establish more sport-based programmes around the world. These will harness the power of football to teach both boys and girls about equality and respect.
3. Football plays an important role in empowering both boys and girls across the globe. We have been using the power of football to build confidence within adolescent girls and challenge stereotypes for years. Find out more about our football-themed programmes here.
4. By using the global appeal of Chelsea and the popularity of football, Champions of Change will engage with hard-to-reach teenagers who might not otherwise get involved in a charity project.
5. You'll have the chance to view our logo on Chelsea’s European shirts as they compete in the Champions League!
Latest stories for you
We look back at the incredible impact your support has had in the last 12 months.
The blood drop emoji is appearing on phones everywhere. This is why it matters.
Chief Executive Rose Caldwell reflects on her first High Level Week at UNGA.
The inequality and discrimination girls already face is being amplified by climate change.