Adolescent mental health and NCD risk prevention
Policy analysis and research study: consultancy opportunity
This policy analysis and research project will support Plan International UK and the Young Health Programme’s programme, policy and advocacy work around adolescent mental health and the linkages with NCD (non-communicable disease) risk factors.
It will enable the YHP team to gain a thorough understanding of the global policy environment in addition to listening to young people themselves on their mental health and their access to appropriate mental health services.
The policy analysis and research have the following objectives:
- To gain a complete picture of the global policy environment around adolescent mental health, identifying good practices, gaps in policies and plans, and barriers to their implementation.
- To understand the linkages between adolescent mental health, gender norms and NCD risk factors and behaviours.
- To gain insight into young people’s gendered experiences of mental health and their access to appropriate mental health services in three countries.
Plan UK welcomes a response to these Terms of Reference, with CVs and a short written statement including:
- the consultant(s)’ suggested approach including methodology, schedule and proposed research matrix
- an outline of costs and timescales
- examples of relevant previous work
Responses should be sent to Jen Williams (email@example.com) no later than 5pm on Tuesday 17 March. Phone interviews will be conducted that week.